Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Proud Mama

I never though I'd be so proud of such silly little things. I'm proud of so many things Jacob does lately. He's now telling me when he has a dirty diaper, when his sippy cup is empty, when he's tired and ready for "blue nookies" (my kid does love to sleep). He can hold a spoon and eat a bowl of cereal! Wow, that makes me proud! I'm proud of so much that Jacob does, but there is one thing and for whatever reason, it makes me Super Proud! I'm so proud of the way he can eat a banana like everyone else now! It's so amazing to watch him hold the banana by the peel at the bottom and bite off one piece at a time. I watched him the first time he did this and thought to myself, "this is how he's going to eat a banana for the rest of his life, and here I am watching it for the first time ever" Call it silly if you will, but I'm proud.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

That just means ya love him. The simplest thing become amazing when you're a parent. I am amazed at my children every day. It's when you're not proud of those things that you should start to worry...
He's adorable!

Chet said...

is IS adorable! Im in awe that he can eat a bowl of cereal by himself. luke just learned to do that! great bannana eating skills little jacob! we cant wait to see you again :0)