Monday, December 8, 2008

First Snow




This weekend we had our first snow. Technically, not the first snow, but the first worth mentioning! We picked out our Christmas tree the night before and it was ready to be "decked" right as the snow began to fall. And so began the fun process of decorating a tree with the "help" of a toddler. Jacob was really into it, he loved the bright shiny lights and was so excited to see the ornaments. Why do they all have to look like little toys? Matt encouraged him to hang some ornaments on the tree but, he quickly discovered that it was more fun to take the ornaments off of the tree rather than put them on. I have a good number of plastic ornaments that we let him play with and he gathered them and hid behind the couch with his loot! How funny! Our tree is pretty, but definitely not magazine worthy! The ornaments are all clustered at the top of the tree, a sure sign that we have a kid!

After Jacob's nap, the snow had accumulated enough for us to go out and play. We all bundled up (At least Jacob and I did) and ventured out into the snow. I was so proud of Jacob to finally wear his snow boots. I've been trying to get him to wear them for a good month now, and today, he decided that they aren't so bad! He did cry when I put them on, but it subsided once we were outside in winter wonderland. We went for a walk through the neighborhood and took turns holding onto Jacob as he learned how to walk in boots and snow. We only experienced one faceplant and Jacob shook it off without a tear! We returned home to a cozy living room with a twinkling Christmas tree and enjoyed hot cocoa by our fire. What a wonderful winter day.

1 comment:

Chet said...

I love the snow. We had a big one yesterday. They have been very few and far between this fall/winter so far. i am hoping it stays that way :0).