
What a great Thanksgiving we had! The day before Thanksgiving was my 20 week ultrasound and we found out that we are having a HEALTHY, baby GIRL. I am Thankful for that! How exciting to have a little sister for Jacob!
As Matt and I prepare for the transition from one child to two children, we feel very complete to have one of each! I am also very Thankful that this big transition is still 20 weeks away. I'm not quite ready to give up "my time" with Jacob. We have had so much fun playing together, laughing, chasing and enjoying each other's company over the past 17 months. What a joyful time it has been. However, I can't help but wonder, what will I do when I can't devote my every last minute to his needs? I wonder how it will impact him to have to wait his turn to have me hold him. I wonder how he'll feel when he sees me holding his little sister. I wonder if he will ever remember what it was like being the only child. I never ever wanted to have only one child, but there is a part of me that is sad and grieving for Jacob as he will never have "all" of me again. But, I am Thankful for all of the time I have had to spend with him. I can only hope that Jacob and his sister will have awsome memories of playing, laughing, sharing and growing up together. I am Thankful to be able to give Jacob the gift of a sibling.
3 comments:
Congratulations! That's so exciting. I remember when I was getting close to the end of pregnancy number 2, I used to go into Hadley's room and night while she slept and promise her that I would never love the next one as much as I loved her. Then along came Maddox, then Lincoln...you find time and you find room in your heart. I'm sure you will be amazing!
Yeah! Congratulations! You'll love having a little girl. I know exactly how you feel about leaving out your first child. The night before I had Elsie (I was induced) I just held Brennan for the longest time snuggling him. I also felt really bad after he was born when I didn't give him enough attention. It all works out, though & you seem to love the second instantly just as much as your first. We all survived...
after my Annie was born Luke would always say "mommy, i neeeeeeed you". it would just break my heart. but you see how they love each other now!! They are both fine to sacrifice when the other one needs a little one on one mommy time
Post a Comment