Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Peace At Last
It isn't an unusual event in our house to have Jacob wake up in the wee hours of the morning, soaking wet. Wet PJ's, wet sheets, wet blankets. I've tried everything I can possibly think of to prevent this from happening, but for some reason Jacob is a very heavy wetter at night. Last night was quite a doozie. I heard wimpering and told Matt to listen for me because I may need some help. That was an understatement. Jacob was soaking wet and saying "All Done" over and over and over and over. I called for some assistance because there was NO WAY, I was going to be able to do this on my own. Matt changed the bed while I attempted to change and comfort the now hysterical child who was shivering, as I stripped him of his wet PJ's, and still saying "All Done". I brought Jacob into our bed and he refused to lie down with us. He literally just sat there sobbing, saying and signing (as if we didn't quite get it) "All Done". Finally, I just decided that enough was enough and I would attempt to settle him back into his own bed. We managed to locate all of the nookies (it is essential that Jacob have all 3 nookies, 1 to suck, and 1 for each hand), and this 9-month pregnant Mama, climbed into the twin bed with my little boy to attempt to get him back to sleep. After several songs, Jacob finally managed to calm down and fall back asleep. Leaving me with one arm asleep, a leg that was on the verge of cramping and a very full bladder being kicked by baby girl. Risky as it was, I managed to sneek out and climb back into my own bed to join my snoring husband. Peace At Last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment