Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Squeeze

I know that I said I was ready for FALL....But, Summer was lingering around here last week and when you live in Maine and winter can be 6 months long (yes, it can!) and you get a week where the temperature hits 90 more than 2 days in a row...you savor it. You savor every last bit of it and drink it all up so that come Feburary and March you can look back and say..."well, it's pretty darn cold out, but we had an awsome summer". And that, my friends, we have had. Last week I took the kids to a lake every.single.day. Yes, I did! I was determined that if our house was going to be a stuffy 84 then, we would seek relief in the form of water and friends. Every afternoon, I would pack up the car, throw the kids in and drive to the lake. Some of our swimming spots are only 10 minutes away, others are a good 30 minutes. But they are all worth it and once we arrive, my kids are renewed with the fresh water and clean air. Summer in Maine is worth every single long month of cold. We have had an Awsome summer!!!!

No comments: