Monday, September 6, 2010

Jacob's first day of school

Jacob had his first day of preschool last week. I was a mess of emotions; happy, sad, excited and nervous all at the same time. I just didn't know what to expect from him. I knew that he was ready (Or I thought he was), but how would this huge shift in our lives go? Would he scream and reach for me as I left him in a classroom with strangers? Would he walk into the room and not cry at all? I just had no idea.


As our children usually do, Jacob rose to the challenge and exceeded my expectations of him on his first day of school. He walked down the hallway, into the classroom (with a little hand-holding) and we found his cubby together. I assisted him with putting away his backpack and shoes and he took a seat at the circle. I lingered, thinking that I should wait in the event that he cried...but NOPE. NO tears! He didn't even look over his shoulder for me. He did GREAT.


I am so proud of my big boy and excited for all the great things that will come with being in school.

No comments: